Thursday, April 20, 2006

My Antonio

Today was a really crummy day, and please believe when I say that I've had a few crummy days in recent weeks.

To begin with, I was one of 3,000 people who lost their electricity in a giant thunderstorm last night. This is nothing new. As I've said before, I live in a forest. Every time it rains, my electricity goes out. However, normally, when the power goes out, it comes back on within two or three hours. Not this time. My power stayed down for over ten hours. And that was just the start of the day. Suffice it to say, that I had to write a check for $700 that I wasn't wanting to spend. And I had to sic the police on the water department. God knows what will be coming out of my faucet from here on out.

Rather than dwelling on a REALLY bad day, I'm going to focus on something positive.

Antonio Banderas. Am I the only one who finds him incredibly sexy? I can even watch him in a bad movie and (mostly) not notice. Rumor has it that Melanie Griffith hangs around the set whenever he is performing to keep an eye on him. I don't blame her. Hell, I would, too. "Keep your eyes off my man, you hussies!"

All this to say that I recently went to see his latest movie, "Take the Lead." Forget that it looked like a high school version of "Fame." Antonio was
f-i-n-e.

Even so, my infatuation with Antonio wasn't quite deep enough to make me overlook the film's lame ending. Since the ending is broadcast from the first fifteen minutes, I won't be spoiling anything by saying that the "outcasts" from an inner city high school attend a formal ballroom dancing competition where the other contestants are snotty debs and their beaus. Okay, Antonio is there; I can buy that.

Then the inner city kids take over the DJ's instrument panel and, in short order, are doing "their" dances while the wealthy nabobs nod and smile in approval. It was done in Dirty Dancing and done a hell of a lot better. Even Antonio couldn't overcome that goofy, derivative ending.

Okay, I'm feeling better. Just thinking about Antonio perked me up. Have a good one.

Hugs,

Maya

No comments: