Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Doing An Online Workshop

When I first got serious about writing a couple of years ago, I focussed all my efforts on the writing.

After finishing my first manuscript, I sent it off to the one editor I thought would be most interested in it.

Several rejections later, I decided it might be helpful to learn something about the publishing industry :)

I quickly realized my biggest mistake was in waiting too long to seek that information. Since then, I've encouraged newbie writers to start early and be persistent in learning about the industry. That's one of the reasons why this blog is primarily devoted to publishing and the forces that impact it.

For the last year or so, I've been doing workshops on the things I learned along my journey to getting published. I'll be doing another of those workshops online for RWA's Outreach International starting next week. The class will be two weeks long.

You don't have to be a member of RWA to participate if you'd like to join me.

DATE: May 5 – May 16, 2008
COST: $10 Outreach Member/Others $20
Deadline to receive application and payment: May 2, 2008

If you're interested, go here to read more and register.

2 comments:

nancorbett said...

Okay, Maya, I bit. I signed up for your online class. I've been doing as much research as time permits on the publishing industry, but there's much to gain from the work of someone who has gone before me. I look forward to it.

Maya Reynolds said...

Nan: I'll look forward to seeing you there.

Regards,

Maya