Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Reunion

I am feeling very sentimental.

There is a video posted on the Featured News section of Yahoo's main page that I want to share with you.

Go here to view it.

People who do not know cats talk about how remote and standoffish they are. That has not been my experience. My current roommate, Bob the Cat, comes flying down the street when he hears my car coming. The minute I take a seat, he is in my arms.

When the lion wraps his paw around John's leg, it reminded me of how often Bob does that. He also nestles his head between my shoulder and neck and licks me with his little sandpaper tongue until I have to say “Enough!”

That head-butting activity that the lion engages in is the feline way of scent-marking the people he loves. Every cat I have ever known has done the same thing.

Standoffish, indeed!

No comments: