Friday, February 02, 2007

She's Back! She's Back!!

I'm so excited. After a week of frustration and high anxiety, my laptop is safely home. She's back to her old self.

My friend J had promised to take me shopping this weekend for a new laptop. I'd agreed to go, but my heart wasn't in it. My little laptop had held on through my rewrites and edits, and it waited to give up the ghost until my editor accepted the complete manuscript. J knows me really well. When I explained all that, he simply said, "And, after the machine made such a valiant effort, you can't just abandon it." Like I said, he knows me really well.

Anyway, this is a celebratory post. I'll be back later.

1 comment:

Maya Reynolds said...

Emjay: I know exactly what you mean. I had a VCR with eight heads--one of the very early models. It was a workhorse. I kept repairing it--even when I could have purchased a cheaper new model.

Finally, my repair guy said, "Give it up, hon. It will cost $400 to fix it this time, and you can buy two or three of them for that."

My valiant little VCR sat in the garage for months before I worked up the courage to discard it.

But, remember, I also have trouble cutting the canes on my rosebushes every year. See my post for January 15th of last year.