Sunday, February 25, 2007

Who'll Win Tonight?

For years, my friends and I have made bets on the Academy Awards, each trying to score the most number of correct prizes.

As I did this time last year, I'm posting my choices for the major awards. So as not to bore you, I'm not including the entire ballot, which is what we base our bets on. Also keep in mind that I vote for whom I want to win, not necessarily the best performance (as J keeps reminding me year after year as he collects his earnings):

Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Peter O'Toole (Venus)
Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Mark Walhberg (The Departed)
Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Helen Mirren (The Queen)
Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine)
Best Animated Feature Film: Monster House
Achievement in Art Direction: Pan's Labyrinth
Achievement in Cinematography: Pan's Labyrinth
Achievement in Costume Design: Curse of the Golden Flower
Achievement in Directing: Martin Scorsese (The Departed)
Best Documentary Feature: An Inconvenient Truth
Best Motion Picture: The Departed

You can go here to print your own ballot.

Happy viewing and good luck with your picks!

No comments: