Saturday, August 04, 2007

More on Textbooks

One of my favorite Internet people, David Roth, read my post on POD technology and textbooks and ran with it. Go here to his blog to read his viewpoints on the textbook industry.

David's post reminded me that there have been two Congressional investigations into textbook gouging in the U.S. since 2004. The second panel was supposed to release its findings in May, 2007.

I will probably not have time to check it out this weekend, but I promise a further post on the subject by early next week.

Thanks, David, for the timely reminder. As I said to you, quoting a California math professor, the textbook system in this country is "an artificial, built-in obsolescence with minimal education benefits." In other words, it's a license to steal.

1 comment:

poetica in silentium said...

Thanks for the shout out, Maya. }}:o)