Thursday, October 11, 2007

Woo-Hoo! A Photo Op

I am a huge admirer of agent Janet Reid for a lot of reasons, including her no-nonsense blog and her wonderful sense of humor. I've learned a lot from her.

I was, therefore, tickled this morning to find a picture of her and author S.J. Rozan on her blog here.

Janet represents crime fiction and quirky literary fiction. She is now affiliated with Fine Print Literary Management here.

Among my favorite things that she does is respond to her own comment stream under a pseudonym. This week, her client Sean Ferrell made a comment as follows: "My next book is a cross between Lost Dog and Electric Church (books by two of Janet's other clients). I just can't decide whether to call it Lost Church, or Electric Dog."

Without missing a beat, Janet, writing as "Sean Ferrell's Agent Said": "Your next book is a cross between NUMB and NUTS: The Story of Southwest Airlines," a teasing reference to Sean's review site, Numbmonkey, here.

And, yes, I admit it. I'm easily amused.

No comments: