Thursday, October 02, 2008

Dead Tired But Happy

Okay, here's the deal. Jonathan Lyons just exposed my most intractable trait.

I am unbelievably competitive.

How competitive you ask? I only play one or two online games/puzzles. However, once the timer goes past my best score, I stop the game. There's no point in continuing, you see. I've already lost.

Why am I revealing this personal failing at this particular moment?

At 11:00 PM last night, I was winding down for the day. I'd already taken out my contacts and was about fifteen minutes from bed. I checked my favorite blogs . . . among these being Jonathan Lyons of Lyons Literary.

And . . . there . . . the man had a trivia quiz.

How many questions would you expect? Ten? Twenty? Twenty-five?

Nooooo. Jonathan and his wife--sadistic little souls that they are--came up with THIRTY-FIVE trivia questions.

Did I go to bed? Nooooo. I stayed up until 2:00 AM, playing the quiz.

It wouldn't have been so bad if they were all straight-forward trivia. But there was question #24. I'll let you all read it for yourselves.

It is now 2:00 AM, and I am about to CRAWL into bed after spending more than an hour on question #24. Grrrr.

No other post for today, kiddies.

Go here to play Jonathan's twisted little teaser.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I made the mistake of checking the blog right after I got home from work. My poor kids got ignored all evening and Pizza Hut for dinner.

I missed #24. I only came up with 4shows.