Thursday, November 11, 2010

Next Round in "Writing with the Stars"

Sorry to be AWOL yesterday. According to my internist, I pulled my shoulder and back muscles while hauling rocks across my yard on Halloween. I went to a clinic on Saturday morning, com-
plaining of shoulder and arm pain and received a script that put me to sleep for four days without doing anything to ease the pain. Thankfully now I'm on the good stuff and feel like a new woman.

Last month I did a post here about Kensington Brava's "Writing with the Stars" contest:
In conjunction with RT Book Reviews, Brava is sending out a call to unpublished writers of paranormal, historical and contemporary romance, as well as romantic suspense: We’re looking for a hot debut novel to be published in 2012 under the Brava imprint at Kensington.
I was thrilled to announce that my friend and critique partner Maria Zannini had made the list of the ten contest finalists.

Two finalists were eliminated, and now Maria is one of the eight remaining entrants. Literary agent Miriam Kriss is the judge for the next round.

Help a fellow writer out and go here to read the entries and vote for the winner of the next round.

Of course, Maria's pirate Luísa Tavares and Mistress of the Stone gets my vote. I'm hoping you'll love Luísa and Xander, too.

3 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Thank you so much for supporting me, Maya.

I hope your shoulder gets better soon. I strongly suggest a strapping 20 year old hunk the next time you need rock moved. ;)

Maya Reynolds said...

Maria: You're not the only one to point that out to me.

Of course, the problem is that when I want rock moved, I want it moved NOW!

Liane Spicer said...

So glad I saw this! Maria will be our guest on Novel Spaces on Monday. I just voted!