Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Books for Our Troops

I love Joe Konrath's blog, and today I love it even more than usual.

Joe is asking for donations of books to go to American servicemen in Bagdad. This is a small, very concrete way of supporting our troops.

I'm planning to raid my shelves, write a tiny note of thanks to be tucked into each book and ship them off.

Here's the address of Joe's friend in Bagdad. Joe says that the postage is not expensive because it's treated like domestic mail:

SFC Douglas Hansen
C Co / 163 MI Bn
COB Speicher
APO AE 09393

Do it today. You'll feel good for yourself and for the men and women serving our country.

While you're at it, spread the word. Let's really build a library over there.

Best regards,

Maya

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I really screwed up the previous post and had to delete it. JA is doing a good thing with his post and you are wonderful to post about it.

Anonymous said...

I should have said I found this through your post on his site.

Maya Reynolds said...

Steve: Thanks for following the bread crumbs over to this blog.

I'm just so glad to have a tangible way to express appreciation to our servicemen.

Warm regards,

Maya