It's the weekend, and I feel like playing.
My friend, Sherrill Quinn, periodically does a blog on which she gives her favorite movie quotes and asks readers to guess the film that featured the quote. I always enjoy it.
I'm going to try the game today here. All of the quotes below came from movies I loved. A couple are complete gimmees and a couple are a little obscure. I tried to play fair by giving you enough quote so that you could guess the context.
If you think you know one or more, give the quote and the film in the comments section. I'll keep track. No fair Googling. If you must Google, keep the answer to yourself and give others a chance first.
1) "Silly rabbit. Trix are for kids."
2) "Neighbors bring food with death, and flowers with sickness, and little things in between. Boo was our neighbor. He gave us two soap dolls, a broken watch and chain, a knife, and our lives."
3) "What kind of terrorists are you?
Who said we were terrorists?"
4) "The difference between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves, but how she is treated."
5) "It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business."
6) "You see Danny, I can deal with the bullets, and the bombs, and the blood. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I do want is for you to stand there in that faggoty white uniform and with your Harvard mouth extend me some f*cking courtesy. You gotta ask me nicely."
A Few Good Men (Susan)
7) "You aren't too smart. I like that in a man.
What else do you like? Lazy? Ugly? Horny? I got 'em all.
You don't look lazy." Body Heat (Candace)
8) "I'm standin' in the kitchen, carving up a chicken for dinner, minding my own business, when in storms my husband, Wilbur, in a jealous rage. "You've been screwing the milkman," he said. He was crazy, and he kept on screaming, "You've been screwing the milkman." And then he ran into my knife... he ran into my knife ten times." Chicago (Famjaztique)
9) "Is this going to be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
All we know is that there is still is no contact with the colony, and that a xenomorph may be involved.
Excuse me sir, a what?
It's a bughunt."
10) "Honey Bunny: I love you, Pumpkin.
Pumpkin: I love you, Honey Bunny. [Standing up with a gun] All right, everybody be cool, this is a robbery!"
11) "What are you talking about, man? You threw a man out of a window.
I didn't throw him. He *fell*
Well what did he do to you?
What did he do to *you*?
Nothing. I only met him tonight.
You just met him once and you killed him like that.
What? I should only kill people after I get to know them?"
12) "I don't know when my parents began their war against each other - but I do know the only prisoners they took were their children."
13) "It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told."
Silence of the Lambs (Sherrill)
14) "I love you.
Ditto." Ghost (Mary)
15) [Singing] Everywhere grime in America. Organized crime in America. Terrible time in America.
You forget I'm in America. West Side Story (Mary)
I'll leave the post up until next weekend before I give the answers.