Thursday, August 07, 2008

I'm Gonna Organize A "Rescue Chuck" Team

I haven't had a lot of time for discretionary reading lately, but tonight I did a quick run through my favorite blogs to see what's been going on.

I've mentioned the Dooce blog before. Heather Armstrong is a writer who supports her family (husband Jon, four-year-old daughter Leta and two dogs) through her writing and blog.

I'll admit it. My favorite character in the family is the long-suffering dog Chuck whom I once called the only adult in the household. Heather lost him, not once, but twice in a year. But through it all, he goes along gamely with whatever she cooks up for him. Go here to see what I mean.

This is my all-time favorite set of photos of poor Chuck--Halloween, 2006--here as he imitates three characters from Star Wars.

Not satisfied with torturing poor Chuck, Heather has adopted a second dog, which she's named Coco. Heather and Jon just did not realize what a special dog Chuck was. They are now struggling with a crazy puppy.

Read the latest Coco post here. Be forewarned. If you are easily offended, this is not the post for you.

And, I swear I'm gonna begin organizing a "Rescue Chuck" team any day now.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I love Chuck! He really is a special dog, and I don't see how Coco's antics and abilities could ever compare.

Kevin McKeever said...

I agree. The dogs suffer the most. Next to the people who read her dribble.