Saturday, June 02, 2007

Be Still, My Beating Heart

Like most writers, I've been bemoaning the loss of Miss Snark to the blogosphere. When she gave up the pleasures of blogging for the joys of more free time, she left a hole in my morning routine.

Nathan Bransford has helped to fill that hole. Nathan is an agent with Curtis Brown, and I first mentioned his name on this blog on February 2. He writes a lively and always interesting blog over here. He's now the agent whose posts I read first every morning.

So, imagine my surprise to find my blog mentioned in his blog! While I was still recovering from the shock, a friend emailed me to say that Nathan had also listed my blog on his blog as a "Writer Who Blogs."

Be still, my beating heart! I immediately forgot all about the little pile of barf my geriatric cat Tribble had left on the carpet next to my desk this morning . . . the pile I didn't notice until I stepped on it with my bare foot. The bare foot of the right leg that I'm presently doing PT for because I sprained the medial collateral ligament last month. When I leaped in surprise and disgust, I twisted the freaking hamstring again.

Thank you, Nathan. Both me and my right leg appreciate you enormously.

6 comments:

poetica in silentium said...

Maya, dear, you are the eyes that see where many of the rest of us simply don't take the time to look. Your blog is a great resource for me that I read every day. It keeps me abreast of what's happening out there int he real world of writing and publishing.

I'm sorry about Miss Snark, but as I mentioned to you - and to her in an email to her - I though she was just too potty mouth for my tastes. It's possible to achieve sarcasm - which she most certainly did - without resorting to the language she used to meet that goal. Just ask my hero, Hawkeye Pierce.

Congratulations on the mention!

Maya Reynolds said...

Thanks, David.

While Miss Snark was mostly known for her sarcasm, it was her kindness that I always noticed. She was, and is, a true lady by my definition--bad language or not.

I always appreciate it when you weigh in.

Nathan Bransford said...

Wow, thanks so much! You've made my morning. I really enjoy your blog and you provide such a great service to writers out there. Keep up the good work!

Maya Reynolds said...

Nathan: Back at ya.

Warm regards,

Maya

Stephen Parrish said...

I'm with David about "eyes that see." I figure if something really interesting is happening in the world of publishing, I'll get a straight, tightly written version of it from you.

Maya Reynolds said...

Stephen: Thank you. I appreciate that more than I can say.