Saturday, August 26, 2006

Blogs for Writers

Thanks to Rachel Vater, who blogs as Lit Agent X, for today's post.

Rachel posted a link to another blog by Jack Oceano on the top ten blogs for writers.

The blogs listed were:

1) Miss Snark (anonymous agent)
2) Evil Editor (anonymous editor who specializes in critiquing submissions)
3) Kristen Nelson (Agent out of Denver)
4) The Knight Agency (Agents located in Atlanta)
5) Jennifer Jackson (Agent with Donald Maass in NY)
6) Jason Pinter (Editor with brand new first book out)
7) Anna Genoese (Editor at Tor)
8) Agent 007 (anonymous agent)
9) Bookends (my own agent)
10) A Gent's Outlook (obscene jerk)

I was familiar with all but the 10th one, and I frankly think it was added to the list just to round it out to ten.

You'll find links to seven of the ten on my blog. I do sometimes read Jason Pinter's blog. Of course, I don't link to #10 because he's an obscene jerk.

I've already sung the praises of Miss Snark. By the way, Agent 007 hasn't blogged since March. She took some potshots at Miss Snark and the Snarklings descended upon her blog en masse. There were so many angry posts that she shut down (after deleting most of the angry comments, which is a shame because they were a lot of fun).

There was one serious omission to the list in my view: Rachel Vater from whom I got this subject. She is with the Lowenstein-Yost Literary Agency and has a superior blog in my opinion. Her address is: http://raleva31.livejournal.com/ and is included in the links on my blog.

The blog that started this subject can be found at Jack's blog:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/52495/top_ten_blogs_
about_writing_and_publishing.html

No comments: