Saturday, December 01, 2007

A Slow Lead-Up To Blogging Again

Okay, I'm going to ease back into this blogging thing. For today, I'm just going to give you a link and a YouTube video.

First, the YouTube video. I've probably seen more television over the last two weeks than I've seen in the last two months. Since the accident, I've had trouble concentrating enough to either write or read. So, on the nights I'm alone, I've spent an inordinate amount of time watching television.

I have probably seen this Verizon commercial a dozen times. It never fails to crack me up. I hope the girl with the pony gets more acting gigs.



And now for the link to one of the newer blogs on the Internet.

I have to admit I'm conflicted about this blog. The nurturing female in me goes "Awwww." The realist in me worries about domesticating a wild animal. See what you think.

Here's the link to The Daily Coyote. Be sure to go back to the month of September to see the first photos. They're priceless. I've just made this one my screensaver.

4 comments:

Stephen Parrish said...

In this case I think you should trust the nurturing female in you rather than the realist.

And I agree about the girl with the pony; her one-word answer to "Does it bite?" is delivered brilliantly.

Maya Reynolds said...

Stephen: Someone emailed me to say the girl with the pony is Bonnie Dennison who plays Emily Yokas on Third Watch and who does other commercials.

I sent the link to my middle brother who is both a hunter and an environmentalist. I expected him to freak out.

To my surprise, he didn't although he said, at this point, she needs to consider both vaccinating and neutering Charlie. He said many coyotes have both mange and rabies, and that when Charlie takes off to chase females in heat, a pack would likely kill him.

Heather Moore said...

Wow, those coyote pictures are incredible. My husband is both a hunter and environmentalist. I'll have to see what he thinks.

I haven't seen that Verizon commercial yet--pretty funny. I love the Sonic ones.

Chris Eldin said...

Thanks for the link to the coyote site. I agree with Stephen, go with nurturing female.