Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday, Monday

Busy day today. I've agreed to be on a panel hosted by the Writer's League of Texas tonight at 7:00 PM at the Richardson Public Library to talk about critique groups. I'm planning to meet Maria, a friend and another of the panelists, for dinner at 5:30 beforehand.

Getting to Richardson during rush hour is a nightmare I don't want to contemplate right now. I'm going to try to leave my home no later than 3:00 PM.

I'll plan to post the second blog about Heather Armstrong after I get home tonight.

However, in the meantime, I need some help.

I've now finished the entire Jim Butcher series of Dresden File urban fantasies. I'm not going to buy the new LKH book of short stories because I didn't even finish the last Anita Blake novel. I'm up-to-date on all the Kim Harrison books, and I finished reading Charlaine Harris' Grave Sight last night.

Anyone have any suggestions for a new urban fantasy to read? I've got Rachel Caine's latest on my TBR pile.

I'm getting worried, folks. After I finish Rachel's book, I'm plumb out of urban fantasies.

Someone give me a suggestion for a new one. Please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've not read these, but they are on my TBR pile:

Jeanie London's Retrieval
Yasmine Galenorn's Witchling
Kelly McCullough's WebMage

These I've read and recommend:

Laura Anne Gilman's Staying Dead
Simon R. Green's Something From The Nightside
Lilith Saintcrow's Working For The Devil (followed by Dead Man Rising)

There's gotta be more. Have you been to Twisted Kingdom, Maya? They review fantasy/paranormals, and their reviews are sorted by genre on the left sidebar.

Maya Reynolds said...

May: Thank you for some great suggestions.

I have not been to Twisted Kingdom and will hie me there.

Warm regards,

Maya