Tuesday, October 10, 2006

When It Rains . . .

Woke up this morning with a raging sore throat, headache, fever and an extra cat.

Despite the fact that it was raining out, my two cats woke me at 7:00 AM wanting to go out. I felt too awful to argue so I let them out onto the covered porch and tumbled back into bed.

Bob woke me up again at 8:30, sitting on the sill of my bedroom window, howling. When I went to see what his problem was, he had a black and white female kitten with him. I'm guessing he decided to take advantage of my weakened state to sneak a friend in. I liked him better when he was bringing home dead rats and squirrels.

I refused to let anyone in. I put food out for everyone and went back to bed.

It's now 3:00 PM, and my headache is gone, but the kitten is sitting on a cushion on the back patio, looking very much at home.

I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER CAT.

Going back to bed. Maybe she'll be gone when I wake up again.

No comments: