ML and I have been friends for more than twenty years. Around 1990, we both dropped out of the corporate world. She was a VP at a major Dallas bank when she decided to return to school for a degree in design. Shortly afterward I started graduate school for my MSW.
Got home a little while ago to find my friend Colleen here tagged me to reveal six random things about myself, and then to tag six others.
Here are the rules
- Link to the person that tagged you
- Post the rules on your blog
- Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
- Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
- Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website
So here goes:
1) I can't stand to put my face under water. When swimming, I use the side stroke and back stroke to keep my face out of the water.
2) I have a Beanie Baby collection. It started when my nieces were very small; I purchased the stuffed animals for them. When they outgrew the toys, I started buying them for myself. Now I only keep the ones given out by sports teams as souvenirs during games. I installed shelves around my study about eighteen inches below the ceiling and put the Beanie Babies up there in display cases. Each case contains one Beanie Baby and the ticket to the game at which it was given out.
3) My favorite color is purple. My good friend Maria Zannini, who is a very talented artist, designed a new website wallpaper for me, which prompted the banner at the top of this blog. I'm waiting for my web designer to implement it on my website--a website I've sorely neglected in favor of this blog.
4) I like most people. The only ones I am guaranteed to dislike are those who use sarcasm to be cruel and who, when called on it, claim they were just being humorous. Invariably, I find these people to be mean-spirited in other areas of their lives. I make it a practice to avoid them on principle.
5) My favorite dessert is custard--whether Mexican flan or French creme brulee, I don't care.
6) The strength in my eyes is wildly different. I wear contacts: +1.25 in the right eye and +4.00 in the left.
My turn to tag six people. In alphabetical order they are: