Saturday, September 15, 2007

Starting a New Year

Yesterday was the second anniversary of this blog. My first post was on September 14, 2005.

At the time I posted that first entry, I had just finished writing Bad Girl and shipped it off to Ellora's Cave, where Raelene Gorlinsky had requested the full manuscript. I was still querying agents. It would be another three months before I signed with Jacky Sach.

In a three-month period, I'd had three contest notifications with three different manuscripts. I'd won first place in the Romance Junkies contest, second place in the Just Romantic Reviews contest and had been named one of three finalists in the On the Far Side contest (I was later notified of a second place win).

It seemed the right time to start an online presence.

According to Blogger, this is the 935th post to this site, and we're rapidly closing in on 50,000 visitors.

I just wanted to mark the beginning of the third year with a post saying "thank you." Thanks for stopping by, thanks for your patience as I've tried to figure out what to do with this blog and thanks for your continued good will.

3 comments:

poetica in silentium said...

Congratulations, dear friend, and thank YOU for the mountains of timely, useful and information your daily postulations provide us.

Stephen Parrish said...

Exactly what David Roth said (because he said it so well), only louder.

B.E. Sanderson said...

Congratulations on all your accomplishments, and thank you for all your knowledgeable and insightful posts. =oD