Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Today's the Day

After all this time, September 4th is finally here.

Thanks to all of you who have come along on this journey with me, starting with my wonderful critique partners and friends who were the first readers of this blog.

And thanks to all the new friends I've made along the way on this blog and on the various writer loops. Your support has been enormously appreciated.

With today's release, Bad Girl has to make her own way out there in the world.

The adventure continues.

BTW, there really is an answer to the CHARADES puzzle. And, yes, you must use all the letters up and, yes, the two words you send me must be synonyms. I've received more wrong answers than I've received right answers at this point.

You still have until midnight tomorrow to find the right answer. [grin]

Have a good day. I plan to.

13 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Hope you enjoy every single moment.
Congratulations, Maya!

-maria

poetica in silentium said...

Many, Many congratulations! I'm proud of you! And, way cool about Will Shortz!

B.E. Sanderson said...

Congratulations, Maya!

Stephen Parrish said...

Way to go, Maya! Does this mean you'll be insufferable from now on?

Colleen said...

Congratulations, Maya. Take time to savour this moment. Roll in it, drink it in, eat it up.

Maya Reynolds said...

Thanks, Maria, David and Beth. The Will Shortz thing was a kick, wasn't it?

Stephen: Like I'm not insufferable now????

Colleen: What a lovely sentiment. Thank you so much. Thanks for all that you've done and all your good suggestions.

poetica in silentium said...

Hey - I plugged your new book on my BLOG. It's just a wee plug, but who knows.....

Tena Russ said...

Hi Maya,

I hope you had a great day today! What a dream come true for a writer.

Best wishes for your continued success and every happiness.

Marie Tuhart said...

Maya,

Hope today was everything you hope for. A dream come true. I can't wait for your next book.

The Anti-Wife said...

Oh, Happy Day!!

Unknown said...

One of the most informative writer sites around - and it's just one woman's blog. Amazing!

I thought 'You've Been A Bad Girl' an excellent title. What justification did NAL give you for shortening it to something that has been used several times before? I'd bet money it was down to cover real estate.

Maya Reynolds said...

Slider: Thanks for the compliment.

I liked my original title, too. I was not happy with the change.

You win. I was told that shorter titles look better on the cover.

I held out for a couple of days, but then decided that it looked foolish for a newbie author to be dictating to a team with way more experience and gave in with what I hope was good grace.

I was so happy with my cover that it helped my funk over the title.

ishuads.in said...

Congrats maya .. best of luck